Overview of the G99/G100 Training Course
This 1-day training course covers the G99/G100 regulations for connection of large scale embedded generators to the distribution network. It is suitable for contractors installing solar PV systems, wind turbines and batteries up to around 50MW. The course describes the process of applying for a grid connection under Engineering Recommendation (EREC) G99 and G100, which are used by all of the UK Distribution Network Operators (DNOs). EREC G99 and G100 themselves were developed by the Electricity Networks Association (ENA).
Where candidates are going on to complete EREC G99 ENA applications on behalf of a client, Narec DE can provide follow-on consultancy to assist with securing grid connections
- Duration: 1 Day
- Course Location: Customer Premises or NarecDE
- Accreditation: Narec Distributed Energy
- Cost: £395+VAT per person
- Entry Requirements: Experience and knowledge of generation systems
- Course Type: Classroom
- Assessment: Tutor assessed
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the UK electrical power distribution system
- Role of the District Network Operators (DNOs) (SSE Power Distribution, SP Energy Networks, Northern Powergrid, Electricity North West, Western Power Distribution, UK Power Networks, Northern Ireland Electricity)
- Network issues caused by embedded generation
- Applicability of EREC G99
- Technical requirements of EREC G99
- Technical requirements of EREC G100
- Energy storage and associated issues
- Connection application process
- Witness testing requirements (not hands on)
Please note, this is a one day introductory course and will not teach you how to undertake a full witness test yourself
Candidate Entry Requirements
Although no strict entry requirements exist, electrical background is recommended.
To book, dates can be found in the renewable energy training booking section of this website.
If you require a course not in the booking calendar, or carried out at your own premises, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01670) 543006.