- This event has passed.
Logic L3 Installation and Maintenance of Solar PV
13/06/2016 @ 08:30 - 16/06/2016 @ 16:30
The purpose of this installer training is to give candidates a qualification which builds upon current electrical knowledge in order to extend their scope to include the installation of grid-connected solar PV Systems up to 5kWp output
Duration: 4 Days Accreditation: Logic Cost: £595+Vat
Entry Requirements: Electricians and Electrical Contractors with relevant experience
Course Type: Classroom / Practical
Assessment:Written and Practical Assessment
Whilst this course is aimed at practicing electricians, it may also be of benefit to building service engineers, electrical designers, structural engineers, energy solution consultants and architects. The full certificate will only apply to candidates who meet the entry requirements of the awarding body. Delegates must have a working knowledge of domestic electrical installations and be able to design, install, inspect, test, and issue documentation for a single phase circuit. The course will cover the following topics:
- The fundamental aspects of photovoltaics
- Safety requirements relating to the installation of electrical installations
- Basic electrical components and test instruments uses
- Simple AC & DC electrical circuit arrangements
- Electrical regulations (17th edition) and legal requirements of installations
- Installing, commissioning and testing a fully working system
- Backgrounds into market and grant funding routes
- Regulations and standards
- Health and safety considerations
- Cell types and benefits
- External and internal site survey requirements
The final assessment for the course is in the form of a written assessment. There is also a practical assessment associated with this certification.
Candidate Entry Requirements
It is essential that the candidate has experience in the design & installation of domestic single phase circuits and issuing the appropriate documentation (electrical installation certificate, schedule of inspections & schedule of test results). It is also essential that the candidate holds a qualification that demonstrates their knowledge and understanding of BS7671:2008 17th Edition Wiring Regulations and has a sound knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations. Typically eligible candidates will be those who hold an Electrotechnical NVQ Level 3 or a Full Scope Part P qualification and 17th Edition Wiring Regulations and have at least 2 years experience.