- This event has passed.
G99 & G100: Grid Connection and Export Limitation (Fully funded)
02/10/2019 @ 08:00 - 03/10/2019 @ 12:00
This 1.5 day course covers the connection of large scale embedded generators to the distribution network. It is suitable for contractors installing solar PV systems, wind turbines and batteries up to around 50MW.
The first full day is classroom based, and will include a lunchtime visit to the ORE Catapult Grid Emulation System. The second day is a morning session working through projects that the delegates require help with.
Where candidates are going on to complete G99 applications on behalf of a client, Narec DE can provide follow-on consultancy to assist with securing grid connections
- Duration: 1.5 Day
- Accreditation: Narec Distributed Energy
- Cost: Fully funded for North East based SMEs (NE-LE)P and Tees Valley LEP area)
- Entry Requirements: Experience and knowledge of generation systems
- Course Type: Classroom
- Assessment: Tutor assessed
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the UK electrical power distribution system
- Role of the District Network Operators (DNOs)
- Network issues caused by embedded generation
- Applicability of G99
- Technical requirements of G99
- Technical requirements of G100
- Energy storage and associated issues
- Connection application process
- Witness testing requirements
Please note, this is a one day introductory course and will not teach you how to undertake a full witness test yourself
Candidate Entry Requirements
Although no strict entry requirements exist, electrical background is recommended.
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org