- This event has passed.
G59/2 Connecting Large Scale Embedded Generators
18/06/2013 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
This 1 day course covers the connection of large scale embedded generators to the distribution network. It is suitable for contractors installing solar PV systems and small wind turbines up to around 100kW.
- Duration: 1 Day
- Accreditation: Narec
- Cost: £250+VAT
- Entry Requirements: Electriciains and Electrical Contractors with relevent experience
- Course Type: Classroom
- Assessment: Tutor assessed
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the UK electrical power distribution system
- Role of the District Network Operators (DNOs)
- Network issues caused by embedded generation
- Scope of G83/1 Stage 1 and 2
- Applicability of G59/2
- Technical requirements of G59/2
- Connection application process
- Witness testing requirements
Candidate Entry Requirements
Although no strict entry requirements exist, electrical background is recommended.