The purpose of this installer training is to give candidates an entry level qualification to build upon current heating or plumbing trade knowledge in order to extend their work scope to include the installation of heat pumps.
- Duration: 4 Days
- Accreditation: Logic Certification
- Cost: £795 +VAT
- Entry Requirements: Plumbers with relevant certification and experience; Water Regulations; L3 Energy Efficiency
- Course Type: Classroom / Practical
- Assessment: Practical performance and short response written assessment.
This QCF level 3 heat pump course gives candidates an entry level qualification to build upon current heating or plumbing trade knowledge in order to extend their work scope to include the installation of heat pumps. Whilst this course is aimed at practicing heating or plumbing operatives, it may also be of benefit to building service engineers, designers, structural engineers, energy solution consultants and architects.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Regulations and Guidance
- Principles of heat pump operation
- Collector types
- Heat distribution
- Pre-installation requirements
- System design guidance
- Insulation materials and methods
- Filling, flushing and testing
- Setting to work and commissioning
- Servicing and fault finding
- Market insight and background
Candidate Entry Requirements
The candidate must be able to demonstrate their competencies as a qualified heating or plumbing operative and hold an NVQ 3 or equivalent in Plumbing and heating and/or experience. Experience of basic electrical practice would also be a desirable. Water Regulations Certificate & L3 Energy Efficiency are also required; should you not have the qualification, please email us to inquire about completing them before the start of the course.
QCF Qualification Units
- Install, commission and handover heat pumps non-refrigerant circuits D/602/3072
- Know the requirements to inspect, service and maintain heat pump system installations non refrigerant circuits F/602/3078
- Inspect, service and maintain heat pump installations non-refrigerant circuits L/602/3083
- Know the requirements to install, commission and handover heat pump systems non refrigerant circuits Y/602/3054
To book, dates can be found in the renewable energy training booking section of this website.
If you require a course not in the booking calendar, or carried out at your own premises, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01670) 543006.