The purpose of the Gas Safety Awareness in Social Housing course and Gas Safety Awareness in Residential Premises course is to provide training for candidates working in the social housing sector and private rental sector, such as landlords and maintenance staff, who need to be up to speed with gas safety issues affecting their residents.
Gas safety, including carbon monoxide awareness, is extremely important and this new course will help staff identify situations where residents may be at risk, relevant to any employee who has direct contact with residents.
- Duration: 1 Days
- Accreditation: Logic
- Cost: £195+VAT
- Entry Requirements: None
- Course Type: Classroom / Practical
- Assessment: Written exam
Assessment takes the form of a written examination consisting of short answer responses and multiple choice. The Level 2 Gas Safety Awareness in Social Housing and Residential Premises qualifications certificates are issued by Logic Certification which is a recognised Ofqual awarding organisation.
The course covers the following:
- Overview of the types of gas used in domestic housing
- Requirements for correct combustion
- Effects of Carbon Monoxide
- Carbon Monoxide detectors
- Identification of combustion/flue and ventilation problems in gas appliances
- Requirements for landlords under the Gas Safety Regulations
- Legal requirements of gas installers
- Actions to be taken in the event of gas
To book, dates can be found in the training booking section of this website.
If you require a course not in the booking calendar, or carried out at your own premises, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01670) 543006.