This course is aimed at operatives involved in the work of installing cavity wall and loft insulation. It will also be suitable for operatives who install external cladding systems. This is particularly relevant with increase in work under the Green Deal or ECO.
- Duration: 1 Day
- Accreditation: Logic
- Cost: £195+VAT
- Entry Requirements: None
- Course Type: Classroom / Practical
- Assessment: Multiple Choice Questions
- Pre-requisites: Essential that candidates are experienced in installing cavity wall or loft insulation or external wall cladding.
The course and certificate, where relevant and applicable to the work being carried out by CWI’s, is based upon the following elements of Appendix 6 of the ‘Standards of Training in Gas Work’ document published by IGEM and E&U Skills.
A6.1 – Safety Legislation and basic safety
A6.2 – Combustion and its control
A6.3 – Flues and Ventilation
A6.5 – Domestic pipework installation (Cladding installers only)
The course also covers other areas of relevant gas safety legislation and standards including the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations, Health & Safety at Work act and HSE RIDDOR.
This course is recognised by the Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency (CIGA).
Assessment is carried out using multiple choice questions
The course covers the following:
- The risks associated with the installation of CWLI in domestic dwellings where gas and other fossil fuel appliances are installed.
- How to reduce the risk of affecting the safe operation of gas appliances and other fossil fuelled appliances fitted in domestic dwellings.
- The different types of chimney systems and gas appliances fitted in domestic dwellings.
- How chimney systems work
- Combustion of gas and other fuels
- Legal obligations and responsibility
To book, dates can be found in the training booking section of this website.
If you require a course not in the booking calendar, or carried out at your own premises, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01670) 543006.