- This event has passed.
Photovoltaic System Design and Application
01/07/2013 @ 8:30 am - 02/07/2013 @ 4:30 pm
This intensive course is aimed at providing system specifiers, planners, architects and other building professionals a detailed and current knowledge of photovoltaic system installations on domestic and small scale commercial properties.
- Duration: 2 Days
- Accreditation: Narec
- Cost: £895 + Vat
- Entry Requirements: None
- Course Type: Lecture with Interaction and some practical
- Assessment: None
This course has been specifically designed by technical specialists in the photovoltaic field at Narec. It is designed to assist in the knowledge transfer of such professionals to meet the specialist needs of an ever growing industry. Further to this and taking into consideration the release of financial incentive schemes (such as the Feed-in tariff and the renewable heat incentive) and the cross cutting issues of the Green Deal there has never been a better time to prepare for the opportunities that lie ahead.
This intensive three day course is designed to offer delegates an opportunity to gain an in depth understanding of solar photovoltaic installations whilst broadening their knowledge on many of the planning and installation issues associated with such systems. Small group sizes encourage discussions around technical issues including specific project queries relating to delegate installations. A wide range of topics covered include:
- PV History and background
- System technology, components and manufacturing
- System positioning and design Issues
- Electrical Installation
- Inverter sizing and selection
- String design and cable sizing
- Shading analysis techniques
- Modelling and simulation software
- Roof Mounting
- Site Issues and Practicalities
- System efficiencies and losses and yield (Including SBEM and SAP)
- Feed-in Tariff
- Cell Manufacture (Including a tour of Narec’s world renowned photovoltaic technology centre)
- Access during and after to Narec’s leading industry specialists
There is no formal assessment attached to this programme however the course is certified by Narec (Subject to the presentation of professional body membership information) and can be used for CPD purposes with most professional bodies.
Candidate Entry Requirements
There are no entry requirements for this course however due to the technical and detailed nature of the programme, Narec Distributed Energy would suggest that this course is not suitable for those who wish to learn how to install PV systems. This course is aimed at system designers, specifiers, architects, planners and other building professionals.