- This event has passed.
L3 Installation and Maintenance of Heat Pump Systems (Ground & Air Source)
January 8 @ 9:00 am - January 12 @ 5:00 pm
The purpose of this heat pump installer training is to give candidates an entry level qualification to build upon current heating or plumbing trade knowledge in order to extend their work scope to include the installation of Heat Pump Systems (both ground loop and air source).
Duration: 4 Days
Accreditation: Logic Certification
Cost:£595+VAT (or fully funded – contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01670 357 638 for details)
Entry Requirements: Plumbers with relevant certification and experience
Course Type: Classroom / Practical
Assessment: Practical performance and short response written assessment.
Heat Pump Course Outline
This QCF level 3 course gives candidates an entry level qualification to build upon current heating or plumbing trade knowledge in order to extend their work scope to include the installation of Heat Pump Systems. Whilst this course is aimed at practising heating or plumbing operatives, it may also be of benefit to building service engineers, designers, structural engineers, energy solution consultants and architects.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Regulations and Guidance
- Principles of heat pump operation
- Collector types
- Heat distribution
- Pre-installation requirements
- System design guidance
- Insulation materials and methods
- Filling, flushing and testing
- Setting to work and commissioning
- Servicing and fault finding
- Market insight and background
Candidate Entry Requirements
The candidate must be able to demonstrate their competencies as a qualified heating or plumbing operative and hold an NVQ 3 or equivalent in Plumbing and heating and/or experience. Experience of basic electrical practice would also be a desirable. A WRAS Water Regulations (fittings & bylaws 1999) certificate and an Energy Efficiency for Gas & Oil Fired Domestic Heating qualification (or similar) is required; both of these courses can be completed at the training centre before the start of the course should candidates require them.
QCF Qualification Units
- Install, commission and handover heat pumps non-refrigerant circuits D/602/3072
- Know the requirements to inspect, service and maintain heat pump system installations non refrigerant circuits F/602/3078
- Inspect, service and maintain heat pump installations non-refrigerant circuits L/602/3083
- Know the requirements to install, commission and handover heat pump systems non refrigerant circuits Y/602/3054
This information can be downloaded here: QCF – Level 3 Award Installation and Maintenance of Heat Pumps Systems (Non refrigerant Circuits)
If you require a course not in the booking calendar, or carried out at your own premises, please email email@example.com or call (01670) 357638.