- This event has passed.
G59/3 & G100: Grid connection and export limitation
May 16 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This 1-day course covers the connection of large scale embedded generators to the distribution network. It is suitable for contractors installing solar PV systems, wind turbines and batteries up to around 50MW. Where candidates are going on to complete G59/3 applications on behalf of a client, Narec DE can provide follow-on consultancy to assist with securing grid connections.
- Duration: 1 Day
- Accreditation: Narec Distributed Energy
- Cost: £299+VAT
- Entry Requirements: Electricians and Electrical Contractors with relevent experience
- Course Type: Classroom
- Assessment: Tutor assessed
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the UK electrical power distribution system
- Role of the District Network Operators (DNOs)
- Network issues caused by embedded generation
- G83/2 for single and for multiple premises
- Applicability of G59/3
- Technical requirements of G59/3
- Technical requirements of G100
- Energy storage and associated issues
- Connection application process
- Witness testing requirements
Please note, this is a one day introductory course and will not teach you how to undertake a full witness test yourself
Candidate Entry Requirements
Although no strict entry requirements exist, electrical background is recommended.
To book, dates can be found in the renewable energy training booking section of this website.
If you require a course not in the booking calendar, or carried out at your own premises, please email email@example.com or call (01670) 543006.