Narec Distributed Energy provides strategic consultancy to a range of local authorities, housing associations and Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs). This includes working as an Energy Masterplanner for local authorities, reviewing the sustainability of regional development plans, and developing ERDF/ESF projects.
These projects help public organisations fight climate change, lift residents out of fuel poverty and help to reduce energy operational costs.
Based on hands-on experience of testing and developing new devices both in the laboratory and in real life practical installations, Narec Distributed Energy are ideally placed to act as an independent consultant with an in depth knowledge of a full range of low carbon and renewable technologies.
Previous and current projects
- Support in the development of Priority 4 Low Carbon ERDF outlines and full applications
- Consortium building and bid writing of ERDF/ESF projects for deep retrofitting of social housing
- Market demand study for ERDF 4c housing retrofit projects within the Tees Valley
- Sustainability review of the European Structural and Investment Funds Strategy (ESIFS) and Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) for the Tees Valley
- Energy Masterplanner for Newcastle City Council
- Energy Masterplanner for Northumberland County Council
- Cluster mapping and supply chain support for North East SMEs wanting to grow or diversify into the offshore wind sector
- Bid writing, tenant engagement & data monitoring for DECC Renewable Heat Incentive Premium Payment Competitions
- Central Heating Fund (CHF) Monitoring and Evaluation for Warm Up North c/o Northumberland County Council
- Independent evaluation of Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) for schools within the Durham County Council area
- Development and programme management of energy master plans
- European funding advice (ERDF/ESF) and application support
- Sustainability reviews
- Technical reviews of regional plans
- Business case and financial modelling
- Procurement support
- Policy review