The Training Tower is an open access facility, designed to allow training providers to deliver academic and industrial programmes for technicians working in the wind industry and at height, both onshore and offshore.
- Hexagonal working platform mounted over the main tower section designed to allow abseiling from various locations on the tower and a sloping section for rescue training.
- Wind vane and anemometer fitted to the top of the tower.
- Lighting protection.
- 240/110v power supply.
- Two internal ladders, two internal rest platforms and an internal 2 man power climb lift.
- Anchor points at each platform level for securing personnel and has anchor points on the upper platform to allow for abseiling, rescue and instruction.
- Weight of the tower is approx 54 tonnes (including the platform), 4m in diameter and 27m high.
- Designed for a ratio of 1 instructor to 6 students.
The training tower is currently run by Narec, for details on working at height courses, please contact Helen Armstrong on email@example.com or ring 01670 543 007.
For any training requirements which do not involve the training tower, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download: Wind turbine training tower brochure