Job role: You’ll support a diverse range of projects, ensuring everything runs smoothly. From organising workshops to analysing data, ordering office supplies to preparing internal reports, this is a hugely varied administrative role within a small team delivering a broad spectrum of distributed energy projects.
We’re looking for someone with a level head and plenty of initiative. You’re likely to have some experience in a secretarial, administrative or business support role, and must be fully computer literate with a good level proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel. If you have any experience of using or setting up software-based project tracking systems, so much the better. Flexibility and good communication skills are also essential.
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000 (depending on experience)
Working hours: 37 hours/week (we are open to part time working at pro-rata wages)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave & 8 bank holidays, 10% pension (5% employer & 5% employee), life assurance, health insurance, company mobile phone & laptop.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Tasks completed within required timeframe and to the required quality.
Essential qualifications, experience and skills
- A-level or equivalent.
- 2+ years relevant experience in a secretarial, administrative or business support role.
- Experience in identifying and implementing improvements to business and system processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivation, can do attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to see opportunities and a capability to propose solutions.
- Well organised and methodical approach to work.
- Confident and friendly telephone manner.
- High level of computer literacy, in particular Word and Excel.
Desirable additional experience
- Degree level.
- Postgraduate qualification.
- Health and Safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH certificate, IOSH Managing Safely, etc.).
- Experience of quality management systems.
- Data analysis and interpretation using spreadsheets.
- Engaging with both the public and private sector, including SMEs.
- European Regional Development Funded (ERDF) projects.
- Responding to tenders and carrying out business development activities.
- Basic experience of renewables and energy efficiency.
- A genuine interest in the low carbon economy and wider sustainability issues.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Support the ongoing operation and development of the ISO9001:2015 certified quality management system and carry out internal audits and participate in external audits surveillance visits.
- Maintain and develop efficient office systems.
- Follow-up and analyse feedback forms for completed projects.
- Order office supplies and other project related equipment.
- Maintain staff CPD records and monitor internal training requirements.
- Answer the general office line, accept deliveries and act as a focal point for internal and external communications.
- Gather, collate and chase up information.
- Assist with data analysis (e.g. utility bills, etc.) in support of project work.
- Make phone calls to a range of clients.
- Support in the delivery of projects, undertaking tasks as required.
- Review proposals and reports against internal procedures.
- Assess and track project risks and issues.
- Business Support Programmes
- Provide information, advice and guidance to SMEs engaged in business support programmes.
- Confirm eligibility of beneficiaries, including state aid considerations.
- Support the project team in the delivery.
- Coordinate the operational delivery, to ensure outputs are delivered against agreed profiles.
- Arrange meetings and organise workshops.
- Prepare case studies and marketing materials.
For more information, or to discuss the role, please contact Adam Stewart on 07572 531715.
To apply, email a CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 23:59 on 14th July 2019