Job Role Description
We are recruiting for a Building Services Specialist to both support and lead in a range of low carbon consultancy projects. Primarily the role will focus on the delivery of energy audits for SMEs across the North East LEP area, although there will be an opportunity to become involved in a range of other distributed energy projects across the UK.
Salary: £22,000 – £32,000 (depending on experience)
Working hours: 37 hours/week
Additional benefits: 25 days annual leave & 8 bank holidays, 10% pension (5% employer & 5% employee), life assurance, health insurance, company mobile phone & laptop.
Essential qualification and experience
- Degree level in a related discipline, or relevant experience
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Writing technical reports to required standards
- Data analysis and interpretation using spreadsheets
- Engaging with both the public and private sector, including SMEs
- Domestic and non-domestic heating systems and energy efficiency measures
- Well organised and methodical, with attention to detail
- Understanding of renewable energy systems (photovoltaics, heat pumps and solar thermal)
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage challenging situations
- High level of computer literacy, in particular Word and Excel
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (team work)
- Full UK driving licence and own transport for business use
- Flexibility to travel within the UK.
Desirable additional experience
- Postgraduate qualification in a related discipline
- Specialist professional, energy management and/or energy auditing qualifications
- Relevant chartership or professional membership (e.g. CIBSE, IEMA, IEE) EPC, ESOS and DEC certified
- Health and Safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH certificate, IOSH Managing Safely, etc.).
- Delivering energy audits to organisations of all sizes
- Delivering EPCs, ESOS, DECs or similar certified building energy assessment
- HVAC, building services and BMS controls experience
- European Regional Development Funded (ERDF) projects
- Delivering techno-economic feasibility studies for renewable and low carbon technologies
- Feasibility and design of low carbon heating systems (solar thermal, heat pumps, CHP, heat networks)
- Experience of quality management systems
- Managing projects to time, quality & cost
- Responding to tenders and carrying out business development activities
- Competent 2D CAD user.
- Knowledge of industrial, process and manufacturing sectors
- Best practice in energy efficiency and renewable energy technology
- Knowledge of the Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP).
- Detailed knowledge of Part L of the UK Building Regulations (for both dwellings and non-dwellings)
- Ability to perform heat demand calculations
- An in-depth knowledge and field expertise regarding renewable energy
- Understanding of battery technologies
- A genuine interest in the low carbon economy and wider sustainability issues.
- Delivery member of the Business Energy Support Team (BEST) – northeast.best
- Deliver in-depth energy surveys/audits of SMEs, identifying opportunities for financial and CO2e savings through energy efficiency measures, on-site renewable energy generation and best practice.
- Identify opportunities to deploy logging equipment
- Provide advice & guidance to SMEs
- Facilitate the completion of necessary funding paperwork with support from the project coordinator
- Deliver energy audits on a consultancy basis for commercial and municipal buildings
- Carry out a range of technical and strategic low carbon consultancy projects.
- Undertake desktop-based surveys and carry out site visits
- Support in the management and delivery of projects, including subcontractors during field trials
- Engage with clients from both the private and public sector
- Deliver work independently and as part of a team
- Take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of proposals and reports.
- Follow policies and procedures, in particular; complete enquiry records, proposals and reports to the required standard
- Support other members of the team with technical projects
For more information, or to discuss the role, please contact Adam Stewart on 01670 357335
To apply, email a CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 23:59 on 21st April 2019